Sunday 20 November 2011

What do you think people who know you would be surprised to learn about you? Limit your response to one page.(Rice University)


-         Most of my friends who know me, know my characteristics, my religion, my home and my travels. They should know I am hyper active outside school, or at least outside the class room. They should know the sports I play and the grade I am in. They should even know I am part Mexican, Native American and Bhutanese and born in New York. That shouldn’t be a surprise to them that is ‘if’ they know me.
-         But the thing most people can’t get their head around is the fact that I don’t like chocolate. I live in one of the world’s best chocolate producing country, and I don’t even like chocolate. It’s very ironic. My friends mock me in how I cannot like chocolate. I tell them I got fed up of chocolate. I used to eat it a lot when I was small and suddenly, I just got fed up. I mostly detest the chocolate which is but pure. I hate it when it doesn’t have any extra taste in them. I do hate chocolate, but I like it a little with a little extra taste like nuts and wafers.
-         People just can’t get their heads around with this fact. I tell them what’s the problem with not liking chocolate? They tell me it’s good. So what, I don’t like it, I have different taste. They can’t expect me to like everything that they like. I know at least 5 people from my school that doesn’t like chocolate. They eat it, but they prefer strawberry or vanilla over chocolate. It’s the same as me. No difference. I find it annoying that they find this surprising. We are all different, just accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment