Monday 21 November 2011

1. Imagine yourself being an actor/actress. Tell about your feelings before the opening night of the performance where you play the title role.


-          Take a deep breath. It’s going to be alright. I thought to myself, trying to convince myself there is nothing to be afraid of. I had never thought of myself as an actor, how did the happen. I look through the curtains and there they were, over a million people, sitting there, just to see me. I walk around with hesitation and multiple bathroom breaks. What if they don’t like me, what if they insult me, what if I make a mistake? All these questions were running through my mind as I the makeup artist was putting makeup on me. She swept the sweat off my face multiple times and my face still seems to be drowning with sweat and nervousness. The makeup artist even put a fan in front of me and for a second there I thought it was stopping, but then there was a small drop of sweat running down my forehead. I tried convincing myself about the positive possibilities. It didn’t work out.
-          The hair dresser finally left after half an hour, although she still didn’t succeed in getting rid of the sweat, I guess she gave up.  The show was about to start in an hour. There was the ‘appetizers’ performing on stage to amuse and give them a good impression of the studio, like the food appetizers. I went into the bathroom and put on my head phones so I could be trapped in silence, but I could still hear the roar of the crowd. I didn’t know whether it was just me or whether it was the actual crowd outside. I was never good on stages. I never liked standing in front of huge crowds, whether I knew them or not. I still had stage fright. Even those days in school, I couldn’t manage speaking on the simplest of topics. Time passed and it was half an hour to the beginning of the show. Some of my friends gave me words of motivation and encouragement. I kept those words in mind. I put on my costume and had my fake sword in my hand. Fifteen minutes to the show. This is it, I’m going to ruin the whole show. Then I thought about it again, about the positives. I have been specifically chosen by the directors and producers, there has to be a reason for this. Then I said to myself, they made a  mistake choosing me. There wasn’t much time left and the show was going to start. I held my breath, had a quick prayer, and walked on to the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment