Sunday 1 January 2012

Is it better to give or receive gifts?


-         I would rather give gifts than receive them. Why? It’s simple, it’s because I don’t get the gifts I want. It’s just like you wanting a hot wheel set for you birthday or Christmas, but instead you get a weird toy nobody has ever seen or heard of. The disappointment of getting the wrong gift is just appalling. When I was younger, I’ve always wanted a Ferrari or a Porsche to drive to school; the only thing I ever got closest to any one of them is a toy car. The disappointment and the anger you feel when you don’t get it. It’s like having all this hope and excitement because you know what you’re getting. This all ends when you open the gift with the thing you hate the most. I do appreciate the gifts, I do thank all of the people that give me gifts, but I also feel hatred inside.
-         Giving gifts is so much better. Think about it. Your friends request for a particular gift for their birthday, but you get them a pair of sock or under wear. This would just make them mad. They can’t say anything back at you, because we are the givers. We pay for the gift. This is just revenge for those people who didn’t get me what I want. Why should they get what they want if I don’t? I know I sound all bratty, spoilt and all right now, but it’s true.
-         Giving gifts is also so much fun because when you give the gifts that your friends want, it actually makes you happy and also proud. It makes you happy because of all the trouble you took to buy the gift. All the money spent. It was all worth it. Giving gifts is better and receiving because when receiving, you expect too much and when you don’t get it, you go berserk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment