Sunday 1 January 2012

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing.


-         People in the world have different needs and preferences in their life. There is always something, one thing, which each and every person in the world hates. I for one, used to hate school once I realized that it not only helps me in the future, but also allows me to socialize with the numerous and many students present.
-         Since I was young, I traveled from one place to another because of my mother’s job. New York, Thailand, India etc. I had to travel to all these places and was educated in over seven schools. I never wanted to leave my first school. But I had to because of my Mom. Traveling to these schools allowed me to learn the different cultures and languages from each country. Although I didn’t like it, I learnt a lot from it.
-         School was something I never liked. I used to detest the fact that school even existed. Wasting our time listening to those no-good adults. I always thought of what I would be doing if and when I wasn’t in school. I thought about the fun I would have pulling my little cousins long hair and teasing my elder cousins. Watching TV was usually the first thing on my mind. As time passed by, school started getting harder. I suddenly knew why education was even needed for the society. It was to give each and every one a chance to live a happy life. If they fail, then that’s their problem. Everyone wants a happy, simple, and rich life. But nobody wants to work for it. I realized that to gain this form of happiness, we all have to work hard.
-         Yes, I agree that people have to do stuff they don’t enjoy. When you were young, your parents always wore your clothes for you. You loved that. It was like your very own servant that loves you and cares for you. But as you grow up, you have to learn to do it yourself. This also includes potty training and eating food. We all go through it. A day when you just don’t want to do anything. It’s life. We all want to live a happy and simple life. That’s why I agree with the statement that everyone has to do something they don’t like, and if they don’t then it will just cause the downfall of you.  

1 comment:

  1. When I first read the is question I answered in my head NO! why should people have to do things they don't like. People should do things that they are good at and they like. Then I realized that I was looking at this question from a different angle. You are right, we all eventually do things that we don't like, and we learn to live and be happy that way. I guess a little compromise a little adjustment is needed but at the end we got to do what we got to do.

    ReplyDelete