Sunday 1 January 2012

Attach a small photograph of something important to you and explain its significance. (Stanford) ADD PICTURE!!!!!!!!!


-        
Its very existence has astounded mankind and me. It is the reason that keeps us entertained all day and night. When you’re at home, and all your friends are on vacation, your laptop keeps you sane. It always has something interesting for you. The movies, the internet, the games. What is more important than your own laptop/ Computer?
-         My laptop recently crashed and I had to withstand school without one. The pain. The horror. The agony. It’s like a part of me had just shattered to dust. The people in the computer shop are trying their best to make it. Till then, it felt like I was sitting in the corner of a plain white room, always fidgeting with the floor, and trying to get loose of this jacket that straps my arm around each other. It was terrible. It had everything of mine. My home work, it was all lost because it crashed. It had my movies, videos and pictures, which was lost again. That day had to be the worst day of my life.
-         A few weeks had past, and I was still longing for my laptop. It was suppose to return today. I couldn’t imagine what would happen to me if the computer shop said they couldn’t fix it or they lost it. I would have gone all “Commando” on them. It was my pride in my life. No. It is my life. School ended and I went straight back to the dormitories and found a huge box waiting for me. I looked for a tag to see where it was from. It said it was from the computer shop. It I felt so relieved. I held the box I my arms so tight and went running to my room. I didn’t stop or listen to anyone. It was like I was in a Rugby match with a ball. I couldn’t lose it or let it fall.
-         I opened the box and there it was. It was wrapped in small plastic with those bubbles you could pop. I ripped it off and looked at it in awe for a while. I held it up in my hands like the monkey holding Simba in “The Lion King.” I plugged it in, made all the changes to the computer by night fall, and slept with it as if it were my very own baby. Look at it, doesn’t it look beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment